.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The New Crusade

A Blog dedicated to the promotion of the Traditional Roman Catholic Faith in union with HH Benedict XVI, to the preservation of our Traditional Græco-Roman Catholic Civilisation and to the New Crusade against Islam. This Blog is under the Patronage of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Christ our King and His Holy Mother, our Queen and of Santiago Matamoros (St James the Moor-slayer) and the Crusader King, St Louis IX of France.

13 août 2007

A Dark Day in History

Today is the anniversary of the beginning of the Berlin Wall, the day on which John F. Kennedy, Charles de Gaulle and Harold Macmillan sold out the people of East Germany to the Red slavemasters. The construction of the wall was a blatant violation of the Four Power Pact governing Berlin and Berliners on both sides of the border stood watching the construction, waiting for the Western tanks to roll and put a stop to it. The tanks did not roll and for 28 years, 2 months and 26 days the wall stood as a reminder of the shame of the West.

On a personal note, I remember well when it went up and I fully expected it to be standing when I died. On the evening of 9 November 1989 I was at work as a PBX operator when my wife called to tell me that the wall was coming down. She held the telephone up to the TV so that I could hear the reports. I began to cry and my co-workers, walking by my desk, asked what was wrong. I could only reply, through my tears, "The Berlin Wall is coming down!" Soon, I was surrounded by people as I relayed what I was hearing. It is one of those few dates that I will always remember where I was and what I was doing.

The article from Wikipedia